[NU] University
Welcome to [NU] University!

If You Were a Superhero or Supervillain, Who Would You Be?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

If You Were a Superhero or Supervillain, Who Would You Be?

Post by Alucard009 on Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:09 am

Alan "Like the title says. Here I'm shooting for originality, so try to be your own creation (it can be inspired by something though). You can choose to have or not have powers.

Name: The Night Spirit

Side: Superhero

Inspirations: Nightshade (NES game character), The Spirit (Comic book character)

Outfit: Black Hat, Black mask that goes around the eyes with sunglasses over them, Black overcoat (open or closed), Black business suit (open), white long sleeve shirt with red tie, Black spotless gloves, Black dress pants, black steel toe boots (or dress shoes).

Powers: Can take seriously large amounts of damage in fights without dying. Wounds regenerate and heal almost moments after being received. Decent strength person with good logical thinking. Can hold one's own in a fight pretty well, uses improvised weapons.

Background: A vigilante who took the Night Shift and roams the street at night to fight criminals. With some support from police authorities, he's a great crime solver who helps police solve mysteries when they can't do something about something. He was inspired by the superheroes Nightshade and The Spirit, hence the name that puts them both together and the outfit."

How about you guys?

Last edited by Alucard009 on Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Alucard009
Senior

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: If You Were a Superhero or Supervillain, Who Would You Be?

Post by SCK[NU] on Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:11 am

Hancock. The rest should be self explanionary.
SCK[NU]
Senior

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Alucard009 on Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:12 am

Alan "...You can't be someone. You have to be your own thing. The closest you can be is inspired by something."

*Sigh* that was quick
Alucard009
Senior

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert_Russell on Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:34 am

(not a superhero if you don't have super powers to make you super, why do you think they are called "superheroes"?)

I don't know, being a vigilante is against the law...

my power would be to add or remove/control subatomic particles in atoms, and IQ of 300-500. (tell me how it is dull and boring and I'll tell you how it is one of the most awesome skills of all.

Back to top Go down

Post by Alucard009 on Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:50 am

Alan "Oh come on, Rorschach counts as a superhero and you don't see anyone debate about it. Quit trying to be so accurate to one definition of things.

Fine, Night Spirit's a vigilante. Happy?

This is in a world where you're allowed to be a vigilante. Don't be grounded to reality.

And I'm pretty sure that having an uber IQ is NOT a boring superpower. I'm pretty sure you have great benefits from it."

[Fires a round and it ricochets all over the place until it hits the target since he could do the calculations in his head]
Alucard009
Senior

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SCK[NU] on Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:35 am

Alucard009 wrote:Alan "...You can't be someone. You have to be your own thing. The closest you can be is inspired by something."

*Sigh* that was quick

:c
SCK[NU]
Senior

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert_Russell on Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:36 am

SCK[NU] wrote:
Alucard009 wrote:Alan "...You can't be someone. You have to be your own thing. The closest you can be is inspired by something."

*Sigh* that was quick

:c

tell us your name and powers.

PS: forgot to tell my name...I'll let the press come up with one.

Back to top Go down

Post by SCK[NU] on Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:52 am

Well, my names teh great Scarecrowking! I can spit out kittens with super sharp claws, and blind others with my coolness. I can also turn stuff into freaky skeletons my touching them. The bullets that hit me turn into mice, and also, I can poop rainbows.
SCK[NU]
Senior

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ami. on Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:23 am

SCK[NU] wrote:Well, my names teh great Scarecrowking! I can spit out kittens with super sharp claws, and blind others with my coolness. I can also turn stuff into freaky skeletons my touching them. The bullets that hit me turn into mice, and also, I can poop rainbows.

D: i was gunna vomit acid rainbows.
Ami.
Senior

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Doctor Diabolical on Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:34 pm

Name: Phantom Stroke

Side: Superhero w/self-serving qualities

Inspirations: Johann Strauss (hellboy), Scanners? Dr. Mabuse?

Outfit: Black sack with eyeholes over head, black and silver old-timey goggles out of eyeholes. Wide array of different suits, usually goes out undisguised unless expecting people to recognize him

Powers: Controlled astral projection. Projection is able to transport senses into other places (Staying in one room and seeing what's happening in another). It is invisible and able to psychically influence other people on a subtle scale, not to mention leech energy from them or overload them. Able to maintain a full projection outside the body and remain active if it's kept close. The projection can possess people or things (small bodies easier), but only minorly move things if not within a "vessel"

Background (Kind of awkward/glib at the moment): Misfit who discovered his power attempting to get people to like him, later using it to try and cheat through classes, only to drop out for a rather suffocating lack of focus. Feeling exhausted after a time of trying to make his dreams come true, and at the same time empty using his power to make money and friends in various ways, my guy began trying instead to make a series of small differences occur not only in his life but in the lives around him. He weeded out crime, corruption, and overall discontent in a way most people are not able to safely do, and soon took it up to a higher level, actively going out to help people whilst still trying to keep personally fulfilled.

Back to top Go down

Post by Friki Tiki[NU] on Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:51 pm

Name: The Bacon Sandwich Man
Side: Superhero
Inspiration: My very first comic
Outfit: white gloves and dark boots... HES A FUCKING GIANT SANDWICH MAN!
Power: To spit gallons and gallons of searing grease.
Background: Once a plain bacon sandwich with olives but after getting hit by a nuclear ray mutates and gains artificial intelligence.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragmaan on Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:16 pm

Name: Revenant

Side: Neutral

Inspirations: Sage, Ronin (fem) (what can i say. awesomeness tends to come to fems in marvel, at least occasionally). + an itsy bit of longshot, and domino, with a tinge of hawkeye except for melee combat also.

Outfit: A dark gray get up, allowing for easier "blending" with the shadows. It flawlessly flows from the top to the bottom. A hood covers the face with the semblance of shadows. It has reflective mirrors able to be turned out of the suit by holding a finger to a thumb in the glove for more than 5 seconds on both hands. Gloves of course, and dark shoes as well. Theres a scabbard on one side with various pockets throughout the cloth hiding ranged throwing weapons.

Powers: Photographic Mimicry, a "computer" like mind able to multitask: such as reviewing multiple data while composing an essay on the mistreatment of masked vigilantes and while currently fighting a foe.

Skills catalogued: various fighting styles, dance styles and weapon styles. Along with some more professional skills such as construction. Also some drawing styles have been copied, along with the ability to play concert level violin, viola, cello and bass. (he felt it was easier to master one family as opposed to working towards all instrument groups).

Background:As a young boy, Revenant lacked any exact skills except for a seemingly above normal intelligence. As time progressed he managed to be merely competent at most physical activites. However, after completing college (with a bachelors degree (with a double major) in anthrolopology and psychology) he finally got depressed doing his job (working for the local government). After meditating one day whether he should live or not, as there was nothing unique about him, Revenant just decided to lay on his bed all day until he could think of a convincing argument.

Said session of self pity allowed his computer mind to awaken and it released some stored information from his college days. Mainly, lines of infamous plays and other works.

So in such a respect, he joined the local theatre troupe, and managed to do surprisingly well on the stage after a few times. But that wasn't what awakened his other latent talent. After going shopping at a local store, he was mobbed by a common theif. Filled with anger, he suddenly remembered the time he saw the troupe play fight. With this now imbuing his body, he managed to defeat the lesser thief.

After reviewing the events in his mind, Revenant knew that something was different about him. With careful studying, he knew that he could learn many invaluable skills. After studying the most skilled fighters and artisans of their respective fields, he was ready to join the life of a "super person". But with power comes responsibility, and he didn't want any of that. Thus a name and a persona was chosen: the Revenant responsible for the occupation of those that interfered. Using skills gained, with training to accent those, Revenant has become determined to let those that fight be the ones to fight. Using his variety of skills, he manages to fight super hero or super villain that intends to make a balanced fight very unfair.

Ragmaan
Senior

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Alucard009 on Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:44 pm

Alan "Updated mine since I figured I'll have powers if everyone else wants them. No one uses tools like Batman?"

Hm...
Alucard009
Senior

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Friki Tiki[NU] on Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:48 pm

might be a cool RP idea if peeps commit.

Back to top Go down

Post by Majeh[NU] on Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:25 pm

Name: George
Weapons: Walking stick of Justice.
Appearance: An old man, he's kinda slow at walking. He can usually be seen with his walking stick. He has very little hair, and what there is of it is a fine white.
Side: For the good of the elderly!
Inspiration: Old people who happen to be a nuissance. Imagine if one of them was this epic.
Power: Well, he doesn't really have any. He has the ability to confuse opponents with his crazy logic, the power to bore with his long stories of "the olden days", and his walking stick is a formidable weapon.
Background: George used to be a powerful leader in the business world, but old age got the better of him. At the age of 72 he finally was forced into retirement and his conditions began to worsen. Through many special items such as his medication, and his will to overcome his old age, he has trained night and day to become a powerful warrior of justice! He may just be the most powerful of all the elderly, and with his trusty walking stick, he is not to be taken lightly. Although he is still a complete weakling, and not able to move very fast... There is not a person over 80 who could take him down!
Look out evil-doers, for wherever an old lady's handbag is stolen, an old man not receiving his pension, or a story of the olden days to be told, George will be there, watching, waiting, and slowly advancing towards a brighter world!

Majeh[NU]
Senior

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Doctor Diabolical on Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:09 am

Majeh[NU] wrote:Name: George
Weapons: Walking stick of Justice.
There is not a person over 80 who could take him down!
Obviously he has not met his arch-enemy

THE WREN OF RENNES! >:D

Alucard009 wrote:Alan "Updated mine since I figured I'll have powers if everyone else wants them. No one uses tools like Batman?"
Well I thought they'd be expected of me :P . Batman style powers are cool but you already picked 'em up, plus my guy himself is more of an everyguy type, although I was planning on giving him a toymaking/puppeteering hobby, making tiny bodies for his spirit to inhabit.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragmaan on Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:08 am

who wants to be batman? he cheats and can always win.

Ragmaan
Senior

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SCK[NU] on Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:12 am

I am Batman. Didn't you know?
SCK[NU]
Senior

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragmaan on Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:00 am

batman is fake and nonexistent.
didn't YOU know?

Ragmaan
Senior

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SCK[NU] on Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:06 am

But I'm batman, so if batmans me then how come batmans unexistant?
SCK[NU]
Senior

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragmaan on Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:33 am

but you aren't batman silly.
insanity does not make batman.

Ragmaan
Senior

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert_Russell on Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:53 am

SCK[NU] wrote:I am Batman. Didn't you know?

GIMMY MONEY! I AM POOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Alucard009 on Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:10 pm

Alan "Hey Rags, that's a reason why people might want to be Batman. Cheating and winning all the time are things some people enjoy."

Uh huh
Alucard009
Senior

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Friki Tiki[NU] on Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:05 pm

The Bacon Sandwich Man owns all!

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert_Russell on Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:31 pm

Friki Tiki[NU] wrote:The Bacon Sandwich Man owns all!
you might want to sit down for what I am about to tell you, well...you see...I was hungry last night and...um...ugh...he is gone, I am sorry for your loss.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next