[NU] University
Welcome to [NU] University!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

[NU] University
Welcome to [NU] University!
[NU] University
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

what kept NxC beating in its time?

4 posters

Go down

what kept NxC beating in its time? Empty what kept NxC beating in its time?

Post by Friki Tiki[NU] Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:54 pm

Thats my question, frankly it seems like people today skim through the new stuff and close out. What I thought would be nice if everybody brought back what NxC used to have consistently. For example the contests, the GFX (I recall some masterpieces back in the day), Request(Dare I say), and anything else you all can recall. And if everybody can contribute their own talents into this forum, maybe we can get it pumping again. And another thing, perhaps we should be thinking of a way to bring new peeps into the fray, we should figure out a way to advertise this forum. What do u all think?
Friki Tiki[NU]
Friki Tiki[NU]
Senior

Back to top Go down

what kept NxC beating in its time? Empty Re: what kept NxC beating in its time?

Post by Majeh[NU] Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:33 am

Alex/Scy tryed to make a contest, no one joined. I won by default. That's not gonna work.

No one sprites anymore either, there is no reason to. We don't have comics anymore, and your drawn ones are more fun.

Requests wouldn't work for the same reason. No one wants sprites - nothing to do with them.

Don't get me wrong, I like the forum, I want to keep it going. But it's because of this and watching past efforts that I know it isn't going to be easy, chances are it won't even work. No one is going to join us because there is nothing here to join. We have, as you say, people come on, skim over things, and leave. That's from people who actually belong here and have been around for about 4 years (I'm counting NXC too here). New people will look, see it has no activity, and leave. Advertising is useless for this reason.

The solution?

*sarcasm* Let's change the banner, that'll change everything! *sarcasm*

I hear you ask yourselves, "Why is Majeh so cynical?". NXC died, NUU is pretty much dead, BP is pretty much dead.

Now I ask you, "Do you actually enjoy coming on NUU?" Now I'll ask you to be honest, as I can't hear your thoughts... well, most of you... "Do you really enjoy coming on NUU, seriously?". If you answered "no" to either or both questions, congratulations, we're of the same opinion.

I can talk to you all on msn or facebook. That's fun. I don't need to come here to do it, this is just tedious because I have to WAIT for a response. I'm impatient, I don't wait.

So, when you cast your gaze around the hypothetical room of culprits, stare into the cold, hateful eyes of the potential killers, I ask you, "Who is really to blame here?" The answer, dear friends? Facebook. Msn. Aim. All of those programs with IMing features and facilities. They're all to blame!

And now, after reading my rant, I add one final statement.

"Majeh's Rant of the Week" coming soon to NUU. Something to check back for. This is my skill (apart from guitar, being a ninja, etc) and you should all show us your skills too. We can enjoy Tiki's fantastic comics, Alucard's writing and skills at creating new RPs. Think to yourselves, what can you add to this forum.

Also, requesting the reopening of Majeh Corporation. Let's (even though I'm not an admin) put me back in charge. You know it makes sense. I'm better than God and I'm not afraid to prove it.

Majeh[NU]
Senior

Back to top Go down

Post by Alucard009 Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:40 am

I believe the reason the contest failed was because half of us remaining members are incapable of editing strips or just don't want to in a lack of interest. We need a contest that is more open, like literature or something that doesn't require some technological computer skills or programs.

I'll see what I can do past RP stuff
Alucard009
Alucard009
Senior

Back to top Go down

Post by Majeh[NU] Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:43 am

Alucard009 wrote:I believe the reason the contest failed was because half of us remaining members are incapable of editing strips or just don't want to in a lack of interest. We need a contest that is more open, like literature or something that doesn't require some technological computer skills or programs.

You do realise that everyone on this forum knows how to sprite? And you're saying that can't use MS.Paint to create panels? Dear god... No offence man, but that's not going to work.

Majeh Corp, always works. Razz

Majeh[NU]
Senior

Back to top Go down

Post by Alucard009 Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:20 am

Note I said "I believe", which means I was not stating fact. It was simply my opinion. Fine, then the reason was lack of interest. Satisfied?
Alucard009
Alucard009
Senior

Back to top Go down

Post by Majeh[NU] Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:26 am

Quite.

Majeh Corp. is open, thanks Alucard Very Happy

Majeh[NU]
Senior

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert_Russell Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:56 am

Majeh[NU] wrote:You do realise that everyone on this forum knows how to sprite?
Sprite. what is that? a new dance the kids are doing? was it inspired by the soda?
I swear. nowadays all the dances look like drunk arm flailing. back in my day there was class.
Robert_Russell
Robert_Russell
Senior

Back to top Go down

Post by Majeh[NU] Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:10 am

Sprites are little game image picture thingies.

Majeh[NU]
Senior

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert_Russell Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:21 am

I once played a game where you played the little red dot of a 7up bottle looking for the red dot from the other side of the bottle. went to sega. Alucard look for the name for me.
Robert_Russell
Robert_Russell
Senior

Back to top Go down

Post by Alucard009 Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:32 am

That's "Cool Spot" You're thinking of.

Also Rob, keep in mind this is an ideas section, not a library spam section.
Alucard009
Alucard009
Senior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum