[NU] University
Welcome to [NU] University!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

[NU] University
Welcome to [NU] University!
[NU] University
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Majeh's Rant of the Week: Issue 1

3 posters

Go down

Majeh's Rant of the Week: Issue 1 Empty Majeh's Rant of the Week: Issue 1

Post by Majeh[NU] Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:58 am

"What Are The Emos Doing On Guitar Hero?"

or

Sorry, Metalheads Only

About three weeks ago I had the pleasure of enjoying a few good games of Guitar Hero/Rock Band with some metalheads (like myself). As we conquered some of the greats such as "Holy Wars... The Punishment Due" (a difficult song on the game) by "Megadeth", we felt proud. We enjoyed the music, we enjoyed the company of like-minded individuals. After playing through a good deal of the best metal songs around, we retired for the night and left for home.

Agreeing to return this week, I stood horrified at the sight before my eyes. Only one of the group was there, and was surrounded by a flock of emos. They look and dress like fags, they play their faggy songs, and they whine and cry and cut themselves at night because they don't know what real music sounds like. With their whiney vocals, the constant complaining about relationships, and the below-average guitar riffs, oh it just makes me sick.

Now, I'm not totally against emos, I admit that a select few of the girls can rarely pass as somewhat attractive. However, the game is titled "Guitar Hero", not "Whiney Faggot Tries To Pass Off Trash As Music". Hero is a strong word, or at least it should be. It should be reserved for those who genuinely deserve it. When I think of the Guitar Heros that have existed, I think of Hetfield, Mustaine, Slash, Hendrix, Eddie Van Halen, etc. I, however, most certainly do not think of that douche out of Foo Fighters, you know, the one who actually was in a decent band, then left and now works in McDonalds, or at least he used to from what I've heard. He can't sing either.

"Whoa Majeh, that's a little harsh. That music is good!" I hear you say. I don't deny you or anyone else the right to listen to and enjoy it. Everlong is actually tolerable at times. But it's not brilliant. I play guitar, I know when a song is difficult and that effort has gone into making it. I don't begrudge the Foo Fighters and the other trail of emo bands the right to play guitar and have their music broadcasted for the rest of humanity to endure. I just don't believe it suits the title of the game. If it were instead titled "Virtual Guitar" or "Guitar Guitar Revolution", I would have no quarrel with it. However, putting the losers of today's "rock" scene in with the exceptional skills of true legends is just an insult to good music.

In conclusion, yes, I will be returning to play some Guitar Hero/Rock Band, blast out a few good tunes before leaving with a satisfied smile on my face. But no, I will not be amused if I return to see those flannel-wearning, hair-straightener wielding, miserable little excuses for fake guitarists prancing around as they "giggle" to themselves for succeeding in making a passable effort at completing a simple song on easy mode.

Majeh[NU]
Senior

Back to top Go down

Majeh's Rant of the Week: Issue 1 Empty Re: Majeh's Rant of the Week: Issue 1

Post by Robert_Russell Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:33 pm

lol at "Guitar Guitar Revolution". but I agree. they should have made a new game for it. if it does not stop here there will be rap songs in Guitar hero 8. defying the Guitar part. and the Hero part. there is nothing heroic about a drug deal or etc.
Robert_Russell
Robert_Russell
Senior

Back to top Go down

Post by Majeh[NU] Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:21 pm

Indeed. Razz

Majeh[NU]
Senior

Back to top Go down

Post by SCK[NU] Sat Jun 19, 2010 7:34 am

F***ing emos.
SCK[NU]
SCK[NU]
Senior

Back to top Go down

Post by Majeh[NU] Sat Jun 19, 2010 7:41 am

SCK[NU] wrote:F***ing emos.

WIN!

Majeh[NU]
Senior

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert_Russell Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:30 am

SCK[NU] wrote:F***ing emos.
Don't say that!

they are easily depressed.
Robert_Russell
Robert_Russell
Senior

Back to top Go down

Post by SCK[NU] Fri Jun 25, 2010 4:55 am

Nah, they are stoopid attention seeking people who yes propably in alot of cases suffer of deppression and maybe general anxiety and whatsoever.

Why? Because they are too stupid to realise the cure lies in their head, and it's as simple as changing your views on life.
SCK[NU]
SCK[NU]
Senior

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert_Russell Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:46 pm

emo means emotional. you are thinking of that other one. scene, was it?
Robert_Russell
Robert_Russell
Senior

Back to top Go down

Post by SCK[NU] Sat Jun 26, 2010 6:21 am

Yes well what I find the majority of emo's to be is seriously just what was mentioned there; attention seeking idiots flavoured with just a slight touch of mental problems.

Scene's too though. F***ing scenes.
SCK[NU]
SCK[NU]
Senior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum