[NU] University
Welcome to [NU] University!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

[NU] University
Welcome to [NU] University!
[NU] University
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure Quest

3 posters

Go down

Adventure Quest Empty Adventure Quest

Post by Ragmaan Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:46 pm

You want stat based rp's? I'll give you stat based rps! I'll give you them until you are as sick of them as i am!

Character template:
Name:
Appearance:
Persona:
Race: (i don't want anything stupid here. no half vampires half angels, or stuff thats lame. another poor example is a part naga part elf. try to keep the races to the minimum of supernatural and doesn't have any overpowered traits)
Alignment: (g/e/n + l/c/n) (but if you do go a neutral, you better rp it or you are changing soon enough. and no stuff like a drow elf that yearns to throw off its angsty evil brethren and is good. but cliche's aren't cool either)

Class: (a short synopsis such as what it is and what its called: candymancer: summons candy weapons and creates sugary confectioneries to help his allies fight , specializing in support and misdirection)
Lifepoints:(if a caster, roll 3d6, a "rogue" or "ranger" class (druids too), roll 3d8, a paladin or clericish class, roll 3d10 and if a barbarian esque class 3d12)
Manapoints: (if a caster, roll 3d10, a rogue has 30 energy points automatically, a rangerish class rolls 3d6, a druid or paladin or cleric rolls 3d8, whereas a barbarian has a meter that increases with every turn of battle until a barbarian rage is released (or the equivelent for your character class) (until 100% efficiency)
Str: (more strength means more ability to lift objects and deal more melee damage: based on frailty of character from mage to barbarian, roll respectively in respect to lifepoints dice rolls)
Dex: (more skill in handling weapons, increasing the chances of getting a lucky hit and doing extra damage)(roll based on the str ratings except swap barbarian with the "dps" classes)
Int: (affects the rate of mana regeneration for classes with a mana pool and for the classes without increases chance of not missing with a weapon) (roll based on the mana pool rolls except the mana poolless ones roll based roll based on the rate of a ranger class)
Wisdom: (affects ability to search for solutions and to think of solutions to problems and increases potency of spells for casters -- roll based on int rolls)
Charisma: (ability to relate to npcs and has a slight bearing on appearance: everyone rolls 3d8 except for barbaric characters who roll on a 3d6 scale.)

Level: 1
Exp: 0 (gained from tasks and good roleplaying if relative to the tasks and creeps fought)

Skill-list:
(list level required, mana/energy/battle lust needed/ area of effect and a description along with a name)

Traits:
(based on your race within reason...)

Feats:
(gained from doing spectacular events)

example template for the stats (numbers made up just for example)

Class: Luchador
Lp: 23
Battle Lust: 0/100
Str: 19
Dex: 11
Int: 8
Wisdom: 7
Charisma: 9

Exp: 0

Skills:
Lvl 1: Bulldozer of truth (user transforms into a bulldozer and runs people over for a short time) (50 bl)
lvl 3: Pulverizing Pinball (user transforms into a pinball and pinballs all over the place for a short time! ) (70 bl)
lvl 5: Fish of Finality (user transforms into a fish that isn't affected by normal fish laws (such as needing gills) and smacks people with its fins and tail) (80 bl)

etc.

i'll want to see screenshots for the dice rolling if its unbelievable... use this if you want (don't average, add) http://www.roll-dice-online.com/Default.aspx

attack and other stuff will be done later... and from this level of it YOU do know it will happen...

Last edited by Ragmaan on Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:06 am; edited 1 time in total

Ragmaan
Senior

Back to top Go down

Adventure Quest Empty Re: Adventure Quest

Post by Robert_Russell Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:27 am

I am kinda sick of stat RPs.
Robert_Russell
Robert_Russell
Senior

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragmaan Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:37 am

thats the point. except you gonna do it for real. this is the most extreme stat rp you will see here.

and you'll be sick afterwards.

now start.

Ragmaan
Senior

Back to top Go down

Post by Doctor Diabolical Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:04 am

Okay, I doubt it but am I doing this right?

Name: Jennifer Mallory
Appearance: Red hair, nervous look, slightly buck teeth, a little pudgy, medium height. Wearing a plaid skirt and red sweater
Persona: Nervous, often silent
Race: "Tall being" from Phantasm (Human with extensive alien genes, including a flying golden sphere for a brain)
Alignment: Neutral good

Class: Tall-being. Think necromancer, cause they have psychic powers and can bring the dead back as zombies or killer silver spheres Razz
Lifepoints: 3d6 - 9 (I was thinking "caster")
Energy: 3d10 - 26 (Again, like a caster)
Str: 3d6 - 12
Dex: 3d6 - 5
Int: 3d10 - 22
Wisdom: 3d10 - 12
Charisma: 3d8 - 11

Exp: 0

Skill-list:

lv 1: Dwarf pawn - Summon a helper with minor lifepoints (No energy, int, wis, or charisma) until killed - 16 Energy

lv 2: Sphere attack - Summon a sphere (Ranged homing weapon) to attack until it hits a target - 23 Energy

lv 3: Zombie soldier - Bring back an enemy under your command (Only 3 at a time) with only lifepoints - 30 Energy

lv 4: Phantom dimension - Lose up to 10 turns and use them to interact anywhere else - 38 Energy

lv 5: Sphere mode - Transform into a golden sphere with doubled strength and speed (range?) for up to 5 turns - 45 Energy

Traits:
Generally able to psychically avoid a lotta physical damage when outside battle, attuned to different dimensions including that of the mind (Telepathic, able to cast illusions), necromancer type. Weak to the cold and to extreme pitches

Feats:
N/A

Last edited by Doctor Diabolical on Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:26 am; edited 4 times in total
Doctor Diabolical
Doctor Diabolical
Junior

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragmaan Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:11 am

do you want me to roll your stats for you?

cuz you might want to readjust your costs for your spells then.

cuz you haven't rolled either ._.

Ragmaan
Senior

Back to top Go down

Post by Doctor Diabolical Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:36 am

I didn't know if I was supposed to roll from the beginning or during each turn or what (Like I said, I didn't think I did it right x.X), the rolling for "so-and-so" when you already rolled "so-and-so" for "such-and-such" confuzzled me o.O.
Doctor Diabolical
Doctor Diabolical
Junior

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragmaan Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:42 am

hmm, i may have had some trippy word play, i will concede that.

your stats are static-- not dynamic, although with exp + lvling up you do gain more stats of course.

when i get at least one more of my participants to post their char... i'll explain mana regen and fighting stuff Surprised

Ragmaan
Senior

Back to top Go down

Post by Doctor Diabolical Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:43 am

Gotcha, and fixed, hope to see more soon Very Happy
Doctor Diabolical
Doctor Diabolical
Junior

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragmaan Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:47 am

dun forget to roll your hp and mana points :O

Ragmaan
Senior

Back to top Go down

Post by Doctor Diabolical Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:54 am

But wait, if the mana's static too how do we roll for the skills? ._.

--Fixed anyhow
Doctor Diabolical
Doctor Diabolical
Junior

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragmaan Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:00 am

its part of the level up system Surprised

i meant they wont' change per encounter or anything, as the stat 3d(4/6/Cool which is ambigious.

and you don't need to roll for the skills-- just assign logical values.

although i'm thinking the stats are a bit too low now :/, or chancy to low. that every 3d should be increased by 2 for potential.

Ragmaan
Senior

Back to top Go down

Post by Doctor Diabolical Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:05 am

Wait do you mean just for me or in general, and either way does that mean rerolls with more rolls added or just adding 2 more points or what?

Also I suppose I'll tinker my skill values to make them make more sense then >.>
Doctor Diabolical
Doctor Diabolical
Junior

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragmaan Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:05 am

rerolls :O

a 3d4 is now a 3d6

Ragmaan
Senior

Back to top Go down

Post by Doctor Diabolical Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:11 am

Nice, more energy... Came out worse for dexterity and wisdom though XP

Also, are the skill levels good?
Doctor Diabolical
Doctor Diabolical
Junior

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragmaan Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:14 am

i think you could cut the mana costs by 3/4s. that suggests more ability to reuse skills often during combat.

Ragmaan
Senior

Back to top Go down

Post by Doctor Diabolical Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:18 am

Wait, sorry for holding this up more but do you mean really cut 3/4 off the cost of just take 1/4th off? (I'm a n00b, I don't know how reusable they're supposed to be XP) :?
Doctor Diabolical
Doctor Diabolical
Junior

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragmaan Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:20 am

3/4 x 20 is simpler than 20- (20x1/4)

Ragmaan
Senior

Back to top Go down

Post by Doctor Diabolical Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:26 am

Allrighty, fixed (I think), hopefully for goodsies up until the game! Very Happy
Doctor Diabolical
Doctor Diabolical
Junior

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragmaan Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:33 am

seems fine to me :O

now drag those that are feeling lazy and rude here!

Ragmaan
Senior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down