[NU] University
Welcome to [NU] University!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

[NU] University
Welcome to [NU] University!
[NU] University
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Serious Question: Should I Take Anti-Depressants?

3 posters

Go down

Serious Question: Should I Take Anti-Depressants? Empty Serious Question: Should I Take Anti-Depressants?

Post by Alucard009 Mon May 11, 2009 1:02 pm

Nico "I think I need to speak out as the real me, not Alan nor Alucard, about a serious issue.

Recently I've been pretty bad. I'm strangely depressed all the time and I'm upset often. My counselor suggested that maybe I should take Anti-Depressants to help me. I just don't know though. I don't know why I'm always sad and down or why I can't find any fun in anything, but it just seems against me. It goes against my morals. Even though I shouldn't think like this, I feel like I'm cheating a part of life by using something to change my emotions. I'm considering it myself since I haven't been well and fear for my dangerously low Mental Health, I'm afraid that's how bad things are. Things are starting to very, very slowly look up for me, but should I start taking these meds to help me?"

Please, no joking. I'm really unsure and think this decision is very important. And that's my middle name I go by
Alucard009
Alucard009
Senior

Back to top Go down

Serious Question: Should I Take Anti-Depressants? Empty Re: Serious Question: Should I Take Anti-Depressants?

Post by Majeh[NU] Mon May 11, 2009 8:00 pm

This is really a discussion you should be having with your parents, with the councellor present or not. I mean, you are really the only one who can tell how good or bad you are feeling. Yes we can see glimpses and little outbursts, but I don't really think any of us know you enough to be able to tell...

From what you have written, it seems as though you really don't want to take them. I appreciate that, I wouldn't be very keen on it myself. You also say that things are slowly starting to look up for you. Now, if it was me, I would just deal with it and wait it through, but again I don't know what you are going through as well as you do (clearly). I don't really like medication either haha.

What I am thinking though, ( I don't know very much about these anti-depressants so forgive me if I say something wrong ), if you were able to go on them for say, a week (if that is possible) as a trial run, see how you felt about it. Perhaps it might help you to find the good in things, which you claim you can't, and then when you came off them again you would be able to be happier. On the other hand, if you came off them would you actually feel worse because you wouldn't be taking things to make you happier? Again, I really don't know, I'm just suggesting stuff.

I'm not posting the following stuff to make your decision, only you can do that, but I'm just giving you an opinion.

Personally, if it was me, I wouldn't bother with them. I'm stubborn, I even hate taking pain medication for headaches and stuff. I'm actually going to the doctor (hospital weren't very helpful, just X-rayed it XD ) tomorrow for my knee injury. Now, to show my stubbornness, when I actually hurt it, and it was swollen up to size of a golf ball (literally), i didn't actually tell anyone on my course about it apart from a friend of mine. Otherwise, they would definately have taken me to hospital, and that might have meant I wouldn't have been able to finish it. So yeh, XD .

Overall Nico, it's entirely your choice, no one can make it for you. Sure we can give you a few suggestions, but it isn't for anyone else to say what you should do. Talk to your parents, talk to your councellor, make a meeting for all of you together, consult your doctor about it etc. Perhaps making this choice will help your confidence and aid you on the way to what will hopefully be a full recovery.

Peace

Majeh[NU]
Senior

Back to top Go down

Serious Question: Should I Take Anti-Depressants? Empty Re: Serious Question: Should I Take Anti-Depressants?

Post by Alucard009 Tue May 12, 2009 3:59 am

"I just wanted people's opinions on this because I really don't like medication and such, but if it makes me stray from doing something bad, then maybe it'd be best for me to take them. Just my thoughts."

Otherwise I hate them.
Alucard009
Alucard009
Senior

Back to top Go down

Post by SCK[NU] Tue May 12, 2009 9:38 pm

Well, I say take them. Afterall, it'd be a shame if you were to get hurt or anything, you know.
But well, you decide, afterall. But I say it'd be good for you... or well yeh but you never know unless you try, no?
SCK[NU]
SCK[NU]
Senior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down