[NU] University
Welcome to [NU] University!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

[NU] University
Welcome to [NU] University!
[NU] University
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Quaint Little Day

5 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

A Quaint Little Day Empty A Quaint Little Day

Post by Ragmaan Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:16 am

Yes, life is good. The sun in the sky, the birds in the trees, the bees and their knees... everything is as it should be. Yet there are people that would conspire against that. There always have been. But for the time, everything is still as it should be. And will be. But this quaint little day won't always remain the same. Who knows what will happen next. But for the students of our favorite high school, Oakbridge Academy, who knows what will happen next.

On this quaint little day, with little to worry about but homework, our favorite students will soon have reason to worry. Why is uncertain, but for now they can just lounge in the sun, relaxing under their favorite oak tree and complaining over the simplicities of life.

But be forewarned. While everything is nice and normal on this quaint little day, you best remember that there are those that want to ruin that which is nice. But Fate always provides for these situations.

May we all meet again under this oak tree afterwords.

Ragmaan
Senior

Back to top Go down

A Quaint Little Day Empty Re: A Quaint Little Day

Post by Ragmaan Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:54 am

While Fate provides, it is not always kind. Fate has no care for human emotions. Those that take up its mantle may die in the attempt. But Fate will provide.

This quaint little day is almost coming to close. Best to meet up with your friends and ponder this day, before time gets upset and changes start to happen.

As those forces previously eluded to are now acting up. Already in the sky storm clouds are building, and this isn't the product of a mysterious person with the code name "Storm". These are the winds of change, whether for better or worse. And you'd best remember that there is nothing to do but prepare for it, and then deal with it as it comes. As it will be hard to do naught else.

Don't forget, that with all these distractions, it'd be best to remind your friends of who you are, lest you forget yourself. Keep all your knowledge dear and near your heart, lest something changes you into something else. And let your love for life be shared, or else the winds of change shall make you anew.

For old times sake, will you remind us how we all met, and who we all are?

Ragmaan
Senior

Back to top Go down

Post by Doctor Diabolical Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:41 am

My name is Doctor Philip Diabolical, The Wren of Rennes, and I am here for my Kin sprites.
Doctor Diabolical
Doctor Diabolical
Junior

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragmaan Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:03 am

Ah yes, You are remembered fondly. I believe that you forgot that they are on your laptop, on which you are doing your homework, yes? Or you should be doing your homework anyway. Ole' Ms. Malady will get real mad if you don't do your homework for her.

But surely our little group isn't this small. Who else do we normally hang out with?

Ragmaan
Senior

Back to top Go down

Post by Majeh[NU] Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:31 am

Hinote Tatsumaki, an 18 year old student who enjoys watching anime, reading manga, solving logic questions and, of course, training in the way of the ninja in his family's private dojo.

Majeh[NU]
Senior

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragmaan Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:50 am

Oh yes, of course I know you. Although after observing you train at the dojo, it was sure that you need lots of perserverance to keep to it. I'm sure I wouldn't have the patience. Of course, you remember Doctor Diabolical, correct?

Lots of good times underneath this tree. Still, my memory is a bit hazy. Who else did we hang out with?

Ragmaan
Senior

Back to top Go down

Post by SCK[NU] Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:52 am

The names Beat Yoz and I like pancakes.
SCK[NU]
SCK[NU]
Senior

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragmaan Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:49 am

Oh of course its Beat, the man with the musical name. And of course, you all remember me, the prodigally curious Iori Nomake'.

Should we still remain outside much longer? This weather is going sour shortly, well, based on the clouds anyway. The sky is darkening and they always said it wasn't safe to be underneath a tree. Or something to that effect.

I don't know about you, but I think we should abandon our spot for now and go back to the dorms. We can finish up this dreadful homework in the lounge.

What says you?

Ragmaan
Senior

Back to top Go down

Post by SCK[NU] Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:52 am

I say we go in, dun wanne be hit by a lightning.
SCK[NU]
SCK[NU]
Senior

Back to top Go down

Post by Majeh[NU] Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:53 am

Alright, we shall work together to defeat the homework!

Majeh[NU]
Senior

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragmaan Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:56 am

Oh stop being so melodramatic Hinote. It isn't like it is very hard, just enough to be irritable. So are we all agreed? We shall go inside?

Lets make this final, sure enough?

Ragmaan
Senior

Back to top Go down

Post by SCK[NU] Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:14 am

Welllll I already said my opnion on it so you guys decide.
SCK[NU]
SCK[NU]
Senior

Back to top Go down

Post by Doctor Diabolical Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:29 am

I'll go inside, as long as I can open a window, I likey teh rain.
Doctor Diabolical
Doctor Diabolical
Junior

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragmaan Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:37 am

Consensus says we go inside. And of course we can open the window Phillip. Just as long as it doesn't interfere with our work.

As the teenagers migrated to the indoors, shielding themselves from the rain, change was happening. The world was warping into an odd jungle like place, with the epicenter being around the favored oak tree. The building remained intact, but through the open window a purple transparent fog went into the room, cloaking the inhabitants in an ethereal glow.

It wasn't obvious what was happening to the students in there, but something odd was going on. Change was about, and Fate had picked its champions. As far as we could tell. Iori was in the corner, silently contemplating his physics work. Why couldn't everything be as simple as <i = <r?

Ragmaan
Senior

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragmaan Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:17 am

Yes, the purple fog covered the inhabitants of the room, creating an odd reaction. A purple glow focused on Phillip's eyes, whereas there were lesser glows emanating from Beat's eyes, hands, his mouth and a few other places (it was hard to be so sure). But as for Hinote there was a purple fog around his brain, and Iori a purple fog covering the whole body. But was it visible to the human eye spectrum? Not so much. Things were getting a lil' blurry though.

The storm outside worsened as the environment changed some more. Iori couldn't help but ask, "Are you sure its safe to keep the window open? This storm is getting more powerful with every passing moment."

There was a worried tone in his words, as his eyes were busy staring outside. Nothing good could come of this weather.

Ragmaan
Senior

Back to top Go down

Post by SCK[NU] Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:54 pm

I can't say I don't love trying out new stuff and all, but dude, this is creepy... I say we reaaaally gotta close that frickin window.
SCK[NU]
SCK[NU]
Senior

Back to top Go down

Post by Doctor Diabolical Sat Jun 20, 2009 4:01 am

OH all right, if we want to ignore this beautiful rain we can... But I'm going to put some Dark Side of the Moon on, mmkay? *Takes out IPod*
Doctor Diabolical
Doctor Diabolical
Junior

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragmaan Sat Jun 20, 2009 4:27 am

[Note to participants: A transfer to third person would be more convenient, albeit 1st person is still acceptable.]

But their actions were for naught, as the storm increased in velocity, breaking through the window and hailing into the room!

"Take cover," shouted Iori, as he ran for the opposite corner of the room.

While the storm was getting even worse, the jungle was expanding to cover much of the school, with feral fauna to say the least.

Iori quickly brought a desk with him and started stockpiling the corner.

"Well? Are you gonna just stand there?"

Ragmaan
Senior

Back to top Go down

Post by Majeh[NU] Sat Jun 20, 2009 6:09 am

"No" said Hinote as he pointed dramatically to the other side of the room. "Look!" He stated quickly and with great enthusiasm, " a sofa! "

Majeh[NU]
Senior

Back to top Go down

Post by SCK[NU] Sat Jun 20, 2009 6:23 am

I have a reaaaaally bad feeling about this, not good not good not good, ima so hide under the couch!
SCK[NU]
SCK[NU]
Senior

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragmaan Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:09 am

The storm worsened, but those that took cover survived it, seeming no worse than they were at the start. The remaining hail started to melt, as the weather took an odd turn in relation to the prior events (as it was starting to warm up to tropical levels).

"What in the world is going on here?" Iori said, with a great anger. "This is ridiculous. Is it even safe to leave the room? To that point, did anyone get hurt from the storm?"

He was almost on the verge of panicking as this was very odd... very odd indeed. Nothing made sense anymore on what was once a quaint little day.

Ragmaan
Senior

Back to top Go down

Post by Doctor Diabolical Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:51 am

"Nothing is making sense on this quaint little day!" the Doctor shouted over the remaining wind, trying to rub the wounds he got from the hail.

"Let's check the news, see if this is anybody's fault, and if that fails let's try and find some friendly neighbors..."
Doctor Diabolical
Doctor Diabolical
Junior

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragmaan Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:54 am

Iori quickly jumped for the television remote, knowing that conflict had come from control of it in the past. A quick push of a button and the television was on... revealing nothing.

"What the $@&*?" he said, as they had no signals or anything. "What the *#%! is going on here?"

"Do you think we should go into the hallway?" he said, making sure with some concern that there was no television channels working.

Except one... had the emergency broadcast station on.

"Check this out! One of the channels is functioning or something!"

Ragmaan
Senior

Back to top Go down

Post by SCK[NU] Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:27 am

Beat rose to sit on his knees behind the sofa, so his head could be seen from behind it and he himself would see the scenery. "It is? In a storm like this?"
SCK[NU]
SCK[NU]
Senior

Back to top Go down

Post by Majeh[NU] Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:34 pm

Hinote looked as though he was lost in deep thought, then he looked around the room. He walked to the door and held on to the handle. He spoke in a somewhat calm voice, which was shocking giving the current circumstances.

Hinote: "Well, it's dangerous in here and we were almost in direct contact with the storm before it subsided. We don't know whether or not there will be any ominous after effects, so I'd say we'd be safer if we gain a little distance. Besides, we need to check up on our food resources anyways."

Hinote opened the door and motioned for the others to follow him.

Majeh[NU]
Senior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum