[NU] University
Welcome to [NU] University!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

[NU] University
Welcome to [NU] University!
[NU] University
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Here Due to Popular Demand: The Foreshadowing of A New RP: IRPA 3 Character Creation Topic and Guide

+3
Ami.
Robert_Russell
Alucard009
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Here Due to Popular Demand: The Foreshadowing of A New RP: IRPA 3 Character Creation Topic and Guide Empty Here Due to Popular Demand: The Foreshadowing of A New RP: IRPA 3 Character Creation Topic and Guide

Post by Alucard009 Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:26 pm

Alan "After that epic title, let's get started.

Not much has changed since the last IRPAs, but now there's a difference between Special Attacks and LP Specials.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
{Intro}

Insert your character's Name, Bio, Appearance, all that stuff, then distribute 200 Points to these 4 (Yep, you read that right. 4) stats and make your LP Ability and LP Special.

HP
LP
Strength
Gain

HP is how much health you have when you get hit by an enemy attack or do something that hurts you. When it runs out, you're downed and have to be revived by another Adventurer. If you aren't revived in 3-5 turns, you may suffer from Death and a randomly comical comment from the Grim Reaper himself (He hates that name, just call him Death. And yes, Death is a guy).

LP is what fuels the world. People doing things their own way and performing powerful techniques and powering themselves up are only a few things it can do. It can also manipulate the world depending on a user's amount. The minimum LP you can have is 1, for if you run out, you won't be able to survive. Same goes for if you use a special choice without enough LP: It'll result in Death.

Strength is how strong you are. If there's something that requires physical fitness like moving or throwing something or fighting, this determines what you can do. The number of your Strength is how much damage you'll do when you attack in battles.

Gain is what kind of benefits you'll get when you recover HP or LP. Example: If you have more Gain than someone who has less, you'd recover more HP or LP than someone who eats the same food item (You: 15 Them: 10). How it works is that for every 2 points you put onto Gain, that's 1 more point you get on something (20 Gain means you get 10 more HP or LP from eating something or reading). So this means that whatever your Gain is, you divide it by 2 to tell how much more you get from something.

Abilities are special things that your character has, like benefits such as more HP from food, more Strength, or recovering health after a fight. Make one up and I'll approve or disapprove it, telling you what it needs to pass if it doesn't.

LP Specials are special abilities you can do in combat. These are things like healing teammates, hitting more than one enemy, or raising someone's stats. These consume 5-15 LP depending on what they do.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
{Character Example}

Name: Alan
Appearance: Same as the other IRPAs.

Bio: A Hero who lives in the City with Alucard and MM, he makes his living fighting the ArchFiends and evil. He secretly at nights roams the streets as the superhero "The Night Spirit", but only a select few actually know about this. He has a fun attitude and likes being around people, but he has strong personal beliefs and a sense of justice.

HP: 80
LP: 50
Strength: 50
Gain: 20

Ability: LP Special costs 5 less LP to use

LP Special: Berlin Buster: Deals Damage to an enemy and recovers 25 HP of a party member. Costs 15 LP
{Getting around the world and doing stuff}

{Getting around the world and doing stuff}

Getting around the world is simple. When you enter a new area, you receive a list of choices and options, some that let you do things and some that take you to another place.

Example:

[Talk to Taokaka]
[Give Taokaka a meat bun]
[Hug Taokaka]
[Attack Taokaka]
[Start yelling for no good reason]
[Go to the Restaurant]
[Go to Orient Town]
[Do nothing]

Note that sometimes special choices will come up if you have certain items or abilities at your disposal. There are plenty of choices that are made to try and suit your personality, so pick the ones you want.

When you talk to people, you type your own text and say what you want, you don't need to choose options, just choose to Talk and insert your stuff.

Example

[Talk to Taokaka]

Alan "Hey Tao! I got some meat buns for you."

Depending on what choices you choose, people will interact differently, effectively picking what different things you can say or do with that person.

{Battles}

Battles in the game occur when something goes down with characters like them wanting to fight or you wanting to fight someone. Each battle is like your standard RPG battle: Each side takes turns attacking and picking choices, and after one side picks the other side does their stuff. This process goes on until one of the opposing forces are defeated.

Choices:

[Fight]
[Item]
[LP Special]
[Special Move]
[Call for help]
[Defend]
[Negotiate]
[Surrender]
[Run]
[Do nothing]

Pick the ones you want. Remember that sometimes you may not have to fight, even if the enemy has started trouble.

Alan "D'ya catch all that? Don't worry, the actual RP itself won't that complicated. Just make your characters and have fun playing."

This RP will start when 2 people make characters and Ready Up
Alucard009
Alucard009
Senior

Back to top Go down

Here Due to Popular Demand: The Foreshadowing of A New RP: IRPA 3 Character Creation Topic and Guide Empty Re: Here Due to Popular Demand: The Foreshadowing of A New RP: IRPA 3 Character Creation Topic and Guide

Post by Robert_Russell Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:44 pm

I choose my IRPA II character.
Robert_Russell
Robert_Russell
Senior

Back to top Go down

Here Due to Popular Demand: The Foreshadowing of A New RP: IRPA 3 Character Creation Topic and Guide Empty Re: Here Due to Popular Demand: The Foreshadowing of A New RP: IRPA 3 Character Creation Topic and Guide

Post by Alucard009 Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:53 pm

Alan "Sure thing. I'll just put the extra 50 points in Gain automatically. Or you can add some points to some stats. Gain is the one stat you do NOT have to put any points in."

Uh huh
Alucard009
Alucard009
Senior

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert_Russell Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:57 pm

I'll consider this my LV 4 upgrade. beat Zoda at Lv 3.
Robert_Russell
Robert_Russell
Senior

Back to top Go down

Post by Ami. Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:12 pm

Mayyybeee i'll join this time....

Then again, maybe not.
Ami.
Ami.
Senior

Back to top Go down

Post by SCK[NU] Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:33 pm

Aww you should Ami, this is helluva lotta fun!

Also, effin great job on the explanishun post, Al. The updated system is just plain great!

================================================================

Name: Beat Yoz
Appearance: Has a new jacket. A long and purple one, one with fur and cat ears. Will be drawing a picture later, of coars. It looks very warm, but actually its rather cool. Also has some other nice changes, bbblah blah, on the clothing, but hay like said, will be delivering a picture sometime later. Also has a hat that can combust at command, wich has a handpainted flame on the other side. For weaponry he has two swords, the other one called Rhyme and the other one called the Road Slayer. Rhyme was a gift from his uncle, who also used to own the new jacket btw, and the Road Slayer was a welcomegift from Villain as he joined the Archfiends. His boots are also rather special, as if you kick the heel to the ground hard enough, a small blade comes outta the front. Also carries a little kitten called Rhyme in the jacket of his. ALSO, the jacket says "Trinity" on it, written with japanese kanji.

Bio: A not really villain seeming villain, who lives at the Archfiend fortress, as he is one of em. Likes fire alot, and is a very good swordfighter, or at least so he thinks. He is also MM's boyfriend (?).

HP: 80
LP: 55
Strength: 45

Ability: Stuff combusts more easy and the flames are greater.

LP Special: (More Controlled) Flare Fist - By first spiralling down his left hand's forefinger at the right hand and as the two touch pulling them far away from each other, Beat will create a small flame that then disappears very fast. But however the moment he slams the right hand at something, there will be aye great explosion of fire. (You decide the cost, please, Al. Cause I suk)

Does I has approval?
SCK[NU]
SCK[NU]
Senior

Back to top Go down

Post by Friki Tiki[NU] Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:29 am

Name: Paymon
Bios: A young child Warlock who channels powers from the demonic nature and also an affiliate of the Red Hand, sent by the Prophet Nowe to watch the event unfold for the time being. He can summon demonic entities from the twisted nether to do his bidding, blast destructive fire and shadow to obliterate landscape and curse his foes with agonizing afflictions to his heart's content, but above and all, he's a pretty friendly guy.
HP: 70
LP: 100
Strength: 20 (strength doesn't need much of it since he is more reliant on his mana pool.. er... LP....
Gain: 10
Ability: Shadow and Fire spells (consumes 10 LP for each spell.
LP Special: (Summons one (or in one case a pair) of several powerful demons to fight for him)
Items: Spell blade and a tome of dark magic.
Friki Tiki[NU]
Friki Tiki[NU]
Senior

Back to top Go down

Post by SCK[NU] Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:31 am

Oh, yeah, items... The same as in IRPA 2, except he now also has a old pocketwatch also originally owned by his uncle. Nothing special, just shows you the time.
SCK[NU]
SCK[NU]
Senior

Back to top Go down

Post by Alucard009 Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:35 am

Alan "Here's the Rundown."

Beat: His character is fine. Only thing is his Ability can be something else. I'll let him be able to naturally burn things easy, but make his Ability something that actually benefits him personally like more Strength or LP, getting more Money, always having 1 HP even if someone wipes out your HP, stuff like that.

If your LP Special hits one person, it costs 5. If it hits 2, it costs 10.

Otherwise, it's good.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Paymon: Just one question about his Ability. Are they like an attack, or do they involve something like an item? If it's an attack, it has to be an LP Special. I guess you can just decide which one of the two you want.

Otherwise, it's fine.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Goral: By default since you don't mind, all 50 extra points are going to be put into Gain. If you want them in something else, just say so.

Otherwise, you pass."

Good work guys. Your characters are great.
Alucard009
Alucard009
Senior

Back to top Go down

Post by Friki Tiki[NU] Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:37 am

Spell book he uses can let him shoot a fire ball, a shadow bolt, a curse (which causes damage over time rather than a direct one), and summons a weak imp to fight with him. Each costs 10 LP.
Friki Tiki[NU]
Friki Tiki[NU]
Senior

Back to top Go down

Post by Alucard009 Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:48 am

Alan "Hm...Hard for me to classify that...

Is it alright if you change it up so your book lets you do that? Your ability is a perk of sorts."

Yeah
Alucard009
Alucard009
Senior

Back to top Go down

Post by SCK[NU] Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:51 am

Kk! ^^ And thanks for calling him and em all great, yours is too! c: And especially for making him able to light things up easy C:

So hmm then...

One HP even if someone wipes it all out.

That actually fits to his story am cooking up in ma head, as he dies once, but his father pushes him back from the heavens C: lawllll

Also sorta in another way as I decided for the full name of his sword to be "Rhyme of Life", instead of just "Rhyme".
SCK[NU]
SCK[NU]
Senior

Back to top Go down

Post by Friki Tiki[NU] Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:56 am

ok, but not sure how i go about doing that, just have the item say it lets me use spells and stuff?
Friki Tiki[NU]
Friki Tiki[NU]
Senior

Back to top Go down

Post by Alucard009 Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:09 am

Alan "Alright,

You're good, SCK. Beat works."

[Thumbs up approval]

"And yeah, Tiki. Just the item lets you do the spells. Since your character sounds like he uses a lot of LP, why not make his Ability 'Get more LP from reading or using items?'"

Will that work?
Alucard009
Alucard009
Senior

Back to top Go down

Post by Ami. Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:08 am

Ugh, bear with me. I haven’t done this since the 8th grade.
Fix it however.

Name: Mia
Appearance: Long purple hair with a pink bow in it, wears a pink hoodie and Wears a white mask over her face to hide burn marks.
Mask can change color during mood.
Wears shorts and a t-shirt.
I'll draw it later.

Bio: Face is burned. Obsessed with guns.

HP: 75
LP: 55
Strength: 45

Ability: when ammo runs low (close to 1 or 2 bullets left) causes more damage

LP Special:
Manipulation- moves bullets closer to a target

Items: just a tiny revolver [for now I guess]

Last edited by Ami. on Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Ami.
Ami.
Senior

Back to top Go down

Post by Majeh[NU] Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:53 am

Name: Karasu
Appearance: Dark blue hair (like Gohan's ssj1 hair from Cell saga except more spikey), wears a black jacket over a t-shirt, usually blue or white, wears baggy loose fit blue jeans. Always wears Vans or All Star Converse. Tall and thin, but actually strong.
I might actually attempt to draw this tomorrow (stop laughing!!) xD

Bio: A cool, laid back guy who believes in honour and justice. He's also a bit of a joker who is almost never serious.

HP: 75
LP: 45
Strength: 60

Ability: Bankai! Determination - When Karasu's health drops his strength increases (amount depends on the drop, for example, he would gain most strength at the lowest HP).

LP Special: Jet Tornado - A powerful roundhouse kick which harnesses the power of wind to make for a deadly attack.
Gear 1 Tornado: 5 LP ( An attack which compresses a little amount of wind energy into his kick )
Gear 2 Tornado: 10 LP (A formidible attack which compresses a large amount of wind energy into his kick )
Gear 3 Tornado: 15 LP ( A powerful finishing move which compresses a huge amount of wind energy into his kick )

Items: Black katana.

Majeh[NU]
Senior

Back to top Go down

Post by Alucard009 Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:33 am

Alan "Hm...

To Ami.: Since my sample character had a special move like that, it does 1.5 your Strength and recovers 25 HP. Costs 10 LP.

And with your Ability, does that mean when you hit something or when you're hit by a Special your absorb 10 HP?

Otherwise, your character is perfect.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

To Majeh: You're good to go."

Nice characters, everyone!
Alucard009
Alucard009
Senior

Back to top Go down

Post by Ami. Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:04 am

Sooo... I don't know what you just said so i just completely changed it.
Ami.
Ami.
Senior

Back to top Go down

Post by Alucard009 Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:06 am

Alan "Uh...my apologies, but yes, that works just fine."

Ready everyone?
Alucard009
Alucard009
Senior

Back to top Go down

Post by Doctor Diabolical Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:06 pm

You said sometime ago we could have two right? One to start with and one to mebbe bring in later? (Or was that specific to IRPA2?)

Name: Renn Eillnatz
Appearence: Like a cross between a film major and a TV exec, sewed up like a horrific meat puppet. Has a television camera integrated into his body. Wearing a worn business suit.

Bio: An up-and-coming hip-yet-cunning young TV executive who stumbled upon and was subsequently equipped with the last remains of a sinister corporate ploy hidden within analog television signals. Currently tries to expose corruption and overall evil through the powers granted him by these signals.

LP Special: Able to record things and replicate them, equipping them to himself or others until they dissipate (Can be something from recorded media or just items found in the RP Very Happy ). Costs 15 LP for a 10-point temporary stat-boost (Or more if said "things" have a greater effect on the environment).

Ability: Able to recharge HP from banked HP or LP taken from fallen foes or willing friends (Able to keep roughly half of what he takes). Costs 15 LP for a leach.

HP: 30
SP: 30
LP: 100
GN: 40

Items: Camera installed inside body, remote control that can affect humans, dual telescoping antennas that can be used as sword-y weapons
Doctor Diabolical
Doctor Diabolical
Junior

Back to top Go down

Post by Alucard009 Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:41 pm

[Big stamp of approval on Doc's character]

Kinda low HP, but eh, that's your choice
Alucard009
Alucard009
Senior

Back to top Go down

Post by Doctor Diabolical Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:45 pm

Bah, so it's always been with me Razz . Although I meant for my "Ability" to be able to charge my HP beyond 30 (Though I didn't exactly make it clear) if that's fair

Also, are we allowed to get 2 chars once some time passes or was that just the last RP?
Doctor Diabolical
Doctor Diabolical
Junior

Back to top Go down

Post by Alucard009 Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:02 pm

Alan "Actually Tiki just brought over his other character for reasons unknown right outta the blue. If you can, please just control one character, for there are more Players this time."

Indeed.
Alucard009
Alucard009
Senior

Back to top Go down

Post by Friki Tiki[NU] Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:52 pm

I only brought Raph back cuz there were no good guys >.>
Friki Tiki[NU]
Friki Tiki[NU]
Senior

Back to top Go down

Post by Friki Tiki[NU] Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:54 pm

To answer your question Al, summoning demons was always Paymon's best ability, and his LP special will have him bring out pretty powerful ones.
Friki Tiki[NU]
Friki Tiki[NU]
Senior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next